President Donald Trump threatened Iran on Sunday with bombing and secondary tariffs if Tehran did not come to an agreement with Washington over its nuclear program.

In Trump’s first remarks since Iran rejected direct negotiations with Washington last week, he told NBC News that U.S. and Iranian officials were talking, but did not elaborate.

“If they don’t make a deal, there will be bombing,” Trump said in a telephone interview. “It will be bombing the likes of which they have never seen before.”

  • jubilationtcornpone@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    32
    ·
    3 days ago

    If only the US hadn’t backed out of the original nuclear “deal” we had with Iran. Who’s administration was responsible for that again? I can’t seem to remember. Hmmm…

    • Mihies@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      12
      ·
      edit-2
      3 days ago

      Probably the same shithead that made economic deal with Canada and Mexico. The one that treats US “unfairly”.